- Fan confronts Lyon keeper at half time of Bastia 0:15
- Jurgen Klopp defends Alberto Moreno after horror 0:41
- Watch in full: Jurgen Klopp speaks after Liverpoo4:44
- Lyon players reportedly attacked by Bastia fans2:04
- Blac Chyna tells the Kardashians she’s “ready to 0:30
- East London bar evacuated after several suffer bu0:25
- Royal romance? Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s r0:59
- Missing People Choir dad admits Britain’s Got Tal0:58
Tony Adams speaks after disastrous first game in charge of Granada
A 3-0 setback at the hands of Celta Vigo leaves the Andalusian side wallowing in 19th, seven points from safety with just six games to play.
Goals from Jozabed, Marcelo Diaz and Claudio Beauvue were enough to seal their fate, but the ex Arsenal legend says he’s very impressed so far with La Liga .
“This is the best league in the world, just don’t tell the English that,” he said in his first post-match press conference since taking the Granada hotseat.
“You get punished when you make mistakes. Celta Vigo are a good side. I thought we defended well apart from the three goals.”
“It’s important for me now as the leader to make sure the players do not throw the towel in.”
Adams added that his side had chances to get back into the game before the second goal, but were punished for isolated passages of “sloppy” defending.
“It’s going to be hard to charge the mentality in the next few weeks. But I still have a couple of tricks up my sleeve to bring this group together.”