Arsenal have blamed a hacker after a pornographic image was tweeted from the club’s official account.
The image, which we cannot show, was of a woman engaging in oral sex and was accompanied by the text: “Here’s a snapshot of Arsenal training in Germany. We’ll have a gallery for you later today.”
It was later deleted but not before users had their say.
“Jesus, Arsenal,” wrote one Gunners fan, @ArsenalFCDan. “Get your s*** together.”
@Mattlfc_ynwa added: “That Arsenal tweet was deleted fast!”
@Lethal_Lucas said: “Omfg just seen the tweet on Arsenal’s Twitter that got deleted.”
Arsenal said in a statement: “We had a hack on our account which was quickly spotted and necessary steps taken.”
The tweet appeared to originate from 2012.
- Watch in Full: Arsene Wenger speaks ahead of Arse10:16
- Arsene Wenger remains tight-lipped on his contrac1:25
- Gareth Bale and Real Madrid train ahead of clash 1:01
- Watch in Full: Antonio Conte speaks ahead of Chel17:36
- Leicester complete signing of ‘new Jamie Vardy’ a0:27
- Jose Mourinho admits he has sympathy with struggl0:48
- Jose Mourinho claims he would rather be unbeaten 1:19
- David Luiz makes bizarre Chelsea pick for his Fan0:23
- Jurgen Klopp confirms Sadio Mane will miss the re0:51
- Jurgen Klopp reveals the Philippe Coutinho is a d0:26
Arsene Wenger reveals team news for Crystal Palace match
One user’s theory was that the tweet accompanied a link to an external site, the preview image for which was altered to the pornographic one.
The Gunners take on Crystal Palace when they return to Premier League action on Monday evening.
Arsene Wenger’s side sit four points off the top four.