In all the Gunners fans were chuffed with the display, not only did Arsene Wenger prove he is susceptible to change but their top players turned up.
Wenger surprised the world by switching to a back three for the clash, Sanchez, who has been quiet in recent weeks, found the back of the net, and Mesut Ozil, who has been quiet in recent months, also got himself on the scoresheet.
- Arsene Wenger responds to Alexis Sanchez contract0:56
- Alexis Sanchez gives shirt to young Arsenal fan a0:17
- Did Arsenal not give their all? Arsene Wenger res0:49
- Arsenal fans blast Hector Bellerin during Crystal0:26
- Sam Allardyce faces the press after shock 3-0 win8:24
- Wenger coy on Arsenal future1:43
- See Aitor Karanka’s last press conference for Mid6:26
- Watch Arsene Wenger’s press conference ahead of A16:52
- Arsene Wenger denies Barcelona have been in conta0:20
- Arsene Wenger claims ‘nothing is good enough’ for0:58
- Arsene Wenger reveals team news ahead of away tri0:23
Wenger faces the press after narrow win over Middlesbrough
For the most part it was a pretty comfortable win, but Arsenal did concede a sloppy goal to draw the score level moments after the break.
And some Gunners supporters took to social media to do some analysis of their own, looking at what went wrong.
Sanchez was on the ball moments before Middlesbrough scored, and was in fact instigating an Arsenal attack.
- Grand plans for proposed expansion of Anfield to 0:49
- Real Madrid fans line the streets to greet arriva2:35
- Denise Bueno – Brazilian football’s eye-catching 0:35
- Barcelona kid attempts to score cheeky goal in un1:09
- Divok Origi discusses which Liverpool players wou1:00
- Cristiano Ronaldo stars in new MEO advert0:59
- Jose Mourinho praises Ander Herrera0:19
Alexis Sanchez gives shirt to young Arsenal fan
However he gave the ball away with a sloppy pass, and the home side reacted through Stewart Downing, who found Alvaro Negredo, who in turn found the back of the net.
And well there were many who weren’t best pleased with the Chilean:
Fortunately for Arsenal, Ozil came to the rescue in their 2-1 and Sanchez took to celebrating in a pretty special way.
After running over to the fans, who only last week against Crystal Palace made their frustration known to the players, he picked out a youngster.
The 28-year-old then handed the supporter his match-worn shirt. Brilliant.