Arsenal are planning to make a major reshuffle in their coaching and recruitment staff this summer.
The club hierarchy want to bring in a Director of Football with proven experience and a track record of success.
It is understood that Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo – known as “Monchi” – was sounded out about a potential move.
But the man who was responsible for bringing so much success to Sevilla was reluctant to leave his native Spain.
However, the search goes on – and there is also the chance that a new goalkeeping coach will be added to the staff.
- Watch in Full: Arsene Wenger speaks ahead of Arse10:16
- Arsene Wenger remains tight-lipped on his contrac1:25
- Conte speaks after Chelsea beat Bournemouth 3-17:11
- Bayern Munich fans celebrate beating Dortmund0:22
- Jurgen Klopp on Coutinho and Mignolet0:58
- Jurgen Klopp speaks after Liverpool win over Stoke9:14
- Derek Fox speaks after riding One For Arthur to G0:32
- Jose Mourinho says Chicarito would score 20 in th0:50
- Diego Costa loses it while playing FIFA with Kante0:34
- Conor McGregor arrives for Aintree in private jet1:00
Arsene Wenger reveals team news for Crystal Palace match
Christophe Lollichon is highly-rated by Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech.
Lollichon was his coach at French club Rennes and came with Cech to Stamford Bridge when he moved to Chelsea.
But he was marginalised by new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte and Cech would welcome Lollichon’s input alongside current Arsenal goalkeeping coach Gerry Peyton.