Andrea Belotti has been presented with a novel gift by Torino to celebrate his goalscoring heroics – by someone wearing a chicken suit.
Belotti has been ruffling feathers in Serie A this season with 23 goals – making him joint-top goalscorer alongside Edin Dzeko – and has been attracting interest from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.
In an attempt to show their appreciation to Belotti for his efforts, Torino presented the 23-year-old with a crystal rooster, in honour of his trademark celebration.
But in a bizarre twist, it appears that someone was, ahem, egged on attend in fancy dress.
- Javier Hernandez shows off some questionable sing0:27
- Chelsea starlet Charlie Wakefield buys his dad a 1:50
- Ex-Chelsea midfielder Ramires scores a beautiful 0:30
- Monaco players post wild dressing room celebratio0:30
- Steven Gerrard proves he is a Liverpool legend as0:51
- Double-hard Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrates Christm0:13
- Sorry Cristiano, but Pep agrees with Luis… Mess0:42
- The National Lottery Friday ‘EuroMillions’ draw r2:02
- Thrillseeker left bloodied after being hit in the0:18
- Surgeons at Yemeni hospital remove ROCKET GRENADE0:53
- Gareth Bale and Real Madrid train ahead of clash 1:01
- Watch in Full: Antonio Conte speaks ahead of Chel17:36
- Super-fit mum hits back at critics who accused he0:31
- Police investigating footage of naked woman runni0:14
Joe Hart settles into life at Torino with cheesy Italian ad
The hatched plan seemed to go down a treat with Belotti, who had a beaming smile on his face as he was handed the rooster in a wooden box.
Belotti celebrated his gift alongside a group young Torino fans, signing autographs and taking selfies in the club’s Granata Store.
Torino will be hoping they don’t fall fowl – ok, that’s enough now – of the transfer market this summer and know they will have to offer far more than crystal trophies to keep him in Turin.
All of the Premier League’s biggest teams have been linked with a move for Belotti at some point, with City the latest to join the race.
The 23-year-old signed a new contract in January with an £86m buyout clause for non-Italian clubs with Chelsea and Arsenal also tracking him along with Real Madrid.
Torino president Urbano Cairo said: “I don’t think we can raise the clause now, as we only just signed the contract and we have to respect it.
“Anyway, a foreign club has to come in and put €100m on the table and Belotti has to agree before any sale. I hope no-one comes in with an offer.
“Of course, if I was negotiating it today, it should be €150m.”
His coach Sinisa Mihajlovic added: “The Rooster is worth more than €100m. Belotti has all the attributes to become the best striker in the championship and Europe. If he continues like this, €100m is not much.”