NEWS

\nEngland Under-17 boss Steve Cooper has hit out at Borussia Dortmund after Jadon Sancho returned to ...
\n Antonio Conte has called up four youngsters to train with Chelsea \'s first team ahead of the Champ...
\n Kenny Dalglish says that Celtic and Rangers would improve the Premier League.\n But the legendary L...
\nWhat would Newcastle fans give to finish fourth, third and then fifth in the Premier League these d...
\nAntonio Conte has confirmed Alvaro Morata is on course to start Wednesday’s Champions League clas...
Read More
AS-Monaco-v-Borussia-Dortmund-UEFA-Champions-League-Quarter-Final-Second-Leg.jpg

Bartra shows off Dortmund-themed cast as he continues recovery after bus attack

Date Posted,April 27, 2017

Marc Bartra has shown off his new cast – which is coloured in Borussia Dortmund’s yellow and black.

The defender was injured when explosives went off near the Dortmund team bus ahead of the Champions League quarter-final first leg with Monaco earlier this month.

Bartra , 26, was the only player to receive serious injuries in the blast, which happened on April 11.

Monaco showed little room for sentiment as they beat Dortmund 3-2 after the match was rescheduled for the following day, before beating the Bundesliga side 3-1 in the return leg.

Bartra watched the second leg of the game with Monaco from the sidelines (Photo: Bongarts)
He appeared in high spirits before his side were knocked out of the competition (Photo: Rex Features)

Bartra updated fans on his recovery on both his Twitter and Instagram pages, posting a picture of his arm in a black and yellow cast – the colours of Dortmund’s strip – while giving a thumbs up.

He said in a tweet: “Happy with the progress! Happy with the evolution and soon will start the hard work to be back as soon aspossible!”

The Spain international is expected to be out for at least a month due to the injury.

Back to previous page

payment with

Security