NEWS

\nAntonio Conte\'s side produced a classy, dominant display worthy of defending champions.\n Yet the Ch...
\nAround Anfield, he is known as the little Prince of Egypt, his heroics for club and country prompti...
\nDanny Rose is in line to return for Tottenham to face Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night. \nRose was...
\nThe barometer has been pointing towards a change in the air.\n But Arsenal are not yet ready for a p...
\n Real Madrid star Karim Benzema has reportedly had enough of being blamed for his club\'s problems i...
Read More
Altona-93-vs-West-Ham-United-Pre-Season-Friendly.jpg

Bilic insists West Ham board have shown their faith in him with their summer spending

Date Posted,August 10, 2017

Slaven Bilic believes the West Ham board have already shown their faith in him by pulling out the stops in the transfer market.

Bilic is preparing to enter the final year of his contract and there is no new deal imminent.

But despite West Ham’s current owners having previous in allowing managers run down their contract before letting them go, Bilic is not losing sleep over his future.

Instead Bilic, who has shelled out £40million in signing Javier Hernandez, Marko Arnautovic, Pablo Zabaleta and Joe Hart this summer, is relaxed over the club’s stance.

He said: “I don’t think about it. It was the same at my old clubs. I’m not worried.

Hernandez was snapped up by the Hammers (Image: Action Images via Reuters)
Joe Hart has joined on loan (Image: Getty Images Europe)

“My contract is for one year which is long enough. I don’t think about it in a negative way.

“I’ve been in football long enough to know if it doesn’t matter if your contract has one year left or five years left. I don’t get obsessed with it.

“The board are backing the club and the team. They want West Ham to be successful and that’s why they were ready to spend money.”

Video Loading

Video Unavailable
Click to playTap to play
The video will start in 8Cancel

Play now

West Ham have made sure there is no repeat of the woeful work in last year’s summer transfer window. Simone Zaza, Jonathan Calleri and Alvaro Arbeloa were among the arrivals to flop.

Instead, they have gone for proven Premier League performers in a clear shift in transfer market policy.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable
Click to playTap to play
The video will start in 8Cancel

Play now

Bilic said: “We spent a lot of money, but not a crazy amount. And we have offloaded some players so the balance is less than £10million.

“We have done the business and done our priorities. The board have done a great job in getting our first targets. We wanted to get quality players with character and something to prove.”

West Ham head to Manchester United tomorrow bidding to also avoid the struggles of last season on the pitch.

It meant the east Londoners were locked a relegation fight until April before pulling away from trouble and finishing mid-table.

Bilic added: “If we can cut down on injuries then we can do the business. If we do that then it should be a good season for us.”

poll loading

Where will West Ham finish in 2017/18?

4000+ VOTES SO FAR

Back to previous page

payment with

Security