Poland ace Lewandowski was forced off after 72 minutes of the Bundesliga fixture after being bashed around by Dortmund’s defenders.
He had netted twice, to taking him to 46 goals for club and country this season, before he substitution in the 4-1 win – which put Bayern 10 points clear at the top of the table.
Lewandowski made over 100 appearances for Dortmund before upping sticks to German rivals Bayern in 2014 – winning two titles in Munich.
Lewandowski’s agent Maik Barthel has hit out at his 28-year-old client’s treatment on the pitch and alleged that his opponents were intentionally trying to hurt him.
“I got the feeling that Dortmund wanted to eliminate Robert at all costs,” Barthel told Bild .
Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has laughed off Barthel’s accusations. He said: “This is absolute nonsense.
- Jurgen Klopp speaks after Liverpool win over Stoke9:14
- Derek Fox speaks after riding One For Arthur to G0:32
- Juventus players celebrate with fans after huge w0:42
- Diego Simeone reacts to news of Dortmund explosion0:56
- Monaco fans show solidarity with Dortmund followi0:30
- News of explosion is announced to fans inside the0:25
- Dele Alli reveals which of his Spurs teammates wo1:05
- Pape Souare returns to training as he continues r0:25
- Oscar misses two penalties in Asian Champions Lea0:32
Bayern Munich fans celebrate beating Dortmund
“Of course, it was a foul from Burki, but we always tried to keep Robert out of the game in a fair way.”
Lewandowski has been training freely after his ordeal at the weekend and is set to lead the line against Real Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday night.