Antonio Conte has claimed Chinese clubs are “not right” to spend so much in trying to sign big-name players.
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is the latest player to be targeted by China after it was revealed there had been an offer of £250m.
But Chelsea boss Conte, who was critical of Oscar’s £60m move to China, believes the money is getting out of control with Carlos Tevez also signing a £500,000-a-week contract.
Conte said: “I think it’s an incredible story. We are talking about a lot, lot, lot of money. I don’t want to trust in this. I don’t want to believe in this.
- Watch in full: Arsene Wenger speaks ahead of Arse1:30
- Arsene Wenger responds to question about Gunnersa0:34
- Watch the moment Ronda Rousey was KNOCKED OUT by 0:37
- Jose Mourinho refuses to be drawn on discussions 0:28
- Jose Mourinho on Morgan Schneiderlin’s Manchester0:42
- Jose Mourinho on his friendship with Middlesbroug1:24
- Watch in Full: Jose Mourinho speaks ahead of Manc6:43
- Manchester City stars take on football darts chal1:03
- Liverpool’s Kevin Stewart with an absolute banger0:29
- Mass brawl breaks out in Uruguayan football match1:44
Conte responds to Wenger’s super favourites comments
“Because, I think, we are talking about an amount of money which is not right.
“I saw the last contract, the last contract with Carlos Tevez. I think we are talking about a lot of money. This type of offer is incredible, and it’s very difficult for the players to say ‘no’.
“But I must be honest, I think it’s not right. It’s not right, this. Because you must have respect for the money, and then if there are these offers, this type of offer… but I don’t agree, I don’t agree with this situation.”