NEWS

\nAntonio Conte\'s side produced a classy, dominant display worthy of defending champions.\n Yet the Ch...
\nAround Anfield, he is known as the little Prince of Egypt, his heroics for club and country prompti...
\nDanny Rose is in line to return for Tottenham to face Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night. \nRose was...
\nThe barometer has been pointing towards a change in the air.\n But Arsenal are not yet ready for a p...
\n Real Madrid star Karim Benzema has reportedly had enough of being blamed for his club\'s problems i...
Read More
Chelsea-Antonio-Conte-Press-Conference.jpg

Conte claims it was the Chelsea board’s decision to sell Matic to Man United

Date Posted,August 4, 2017

Antonio Conte says it is for the Chelsea board to clarify the reasons why Nemanja Matic was sold to Manchester United.

The 29-year-old Serbian has signed a three-year deal at Old Trafford having been surprisingly allowed to strengthen a direct rival.

Jose Mourinho has expressed his delight at being able to capture the midfielder with whom he lifted the title two seasons ago.

Asked why Matic was allowed to make the move instead of being sold elsewhere, Conte said abruptly: “You have to ask the club about this.”

Antonio Conte insists it wasn’t his decision (Image: Action Images via Reuters)
Matic in action for his new club (Image: PA Wire)

Chelsea have always maintained that the final decisions on player transfers are down to the manager.

The club are working hard to bring in up to four more players to strengthen the squad following the exits of John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Nathaniel Chalobah and Nathan Ake with Diego Costa set to follow.

poll loading

Will Nemanja Matic be a good signing for Manchester United?

14000+ VOTES SO FAR

Back to previous page

payment with

Security