The Belgium striker could finally get his chance against Bournemouth on Boxing Day, with top scorer Diego Costa suspended.
But it is a bizarre situation as former Marseille man Batshuayi has been left frustrated without a look-in, and that has alerted the likes of West Ham who tried to sign him last summer.
Chelsea boss Conte has admitted the 23-year-old’s all-round game still needs work but praised his efforts.
Conte said: “Michy’s attitude, his behaviour, have been fantastic. He wants to improve his quality. Technical quality, physical quality.
“We are working a lot with him on tactical aspects.
“But he’s showing great commitment, great work-rate during the training sessions, great passion. For sure, he wants to play and it’s not easy when you have Costa in front of you.
“Above all this, Diego is playing fantastic football and scoring a lot of goals. But I repeat: it’s important for Michy to continue to work, to continue to improve. I’m sure his moment will arrive.”
- Antonio Conte says managers are like Tailors – co0:42
- Gareth Bale shows off his ankle injury recovery0:29
- Ander Herrera shows off Eric Bailly’s sick dancin0:30
- John Terry turns prankster as he scares the livin0:16
- Cesc Fabregas gets his eyes gouged by baby daught0:27
- Pep Guardiola rules out January transfer activity0:51
- Pep Guardiola says it will be business as usual o0:20
- “The World is with you” Cristiano Ronaldo’s heart0:20
- Watch in Full: Pep Guardiola speaks ahead of Manc8:52
- WWE Superstars recite “The Night Before Christmas”2:24
- Arsenal Players Join Local Community ahead of Fes2:52
Conte believes Batshuayi can learn from 28-year-old Costa – a true compliment for the reformed bad boy striker. Conte added: “Every single player, every forward, has different characteristics.
“The players are different. Michy is different, if you compare him to Diego.
“Above all because, first of all, he’s a younger player. He can improve a lot. To stay close to Diego, you can learn a lot to improve your experience and improve your skills. But to have the training sessions with great players improves you.
“In this case I prefer not to put more pressure on the players because it’s no good to do that.
“If I decide to put Michy in the starting XI, he is ready to play. It’s not important to talk and put more pressure on him.
“He must do what he knows, what we are doing in the training sessions. If Michy is in, it’s because he deserves to be.”