Wins for City and Tottenham tonight would see Chelsea’s lead at the top cut to four points, with the pressure piling up on Antonio Conte and his players.
Chelsea have played without pressure for much of the season and De Bruyne suggested doubt could could creep in if their lead is cut further.
“If they lose and Tottenham win, then maybe they have a little bit of pressure that they haven’t had throughout the whole season until now,” said De Bruyne.
“In the end, you don’t want the pressure that you’ve not had all season.”
City can reduce to eight points the gap between them and Chelsea with a win tonight, with De Bruyne insisting they have not given up on the title.
“Even if it’s very difficult, it’s still possible mathematically,” said the City midfielder.
“Obviously it’s going to be very difficult, but as long as nothing is given away it’s still possible.
- Jurgen Klopp gives update on Mane and Sturridge1:10
- Arsene Wenger speaks ahead of West Ham clash12:38
- Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool’s summer transfer plans1:15
- Patrice Evra launches ‘Be a Panda’ campaign to co1:50
- Denise Lewis challenges Arsenal stars to get thei1:11
- Shopkeeper takes revenge on drunk vandals after t0:50
- The National Lottery ‘EuroMillions’ draw results 2:08
- Chilling video shows the horrendous effects of Sp0:43
- WATCH AS POLICE ‘SHOOT’ SUSPECTED GUNMAN IN JARROW0:55
- Pink diamond sold for world record US$71.2 million
- Marnie and Lewis at Gatwick today… but FIGHTING0:48
- Three children burn to death after being trapped 0:45
- Huge brawl in Harrods leads to a man being carrie0:34
Antonio Conte refuses to rule out move for Sanchez
“We just have to try to win our games and in the end we will see what happens.
“We’ll play Chelsea and try to win the game. It doesn’t mean we’re going to get the title, but we’re still aiming for the first three spots.
“If Chelsea make a mistake and we can do something afterwards, we’ll see. That’s what we’re trying to do, but it’s going to be difficult.”