Executive punters are still buying platinum tickets at Arsenal – despite the uncertainty over Arsene Wenger ‘s future, and the club set to miss out on a top-four finish for the first time in his 21 years as manager.
Club officials have even told platinum members that they have sold more of the £6,000 tickets for their section of the Emirates than at the same stage last season.
Season-ticket renewals have yet to go out, but are expected to be issued before the end of the month and must be taken up by June.
- Diego Simeone reacts to news of Dortmund explosion0:56
- Monaco fans show solidarity with Dortmund followi0:30
- News of explosion is announced to fans inside the0:25
- Dele Alli reveals which of his Spurs teammates wo1:05
- Pape Souare returns to training as he continues r0:25
- Oscar misses two penalties in Asian Champions Lea0:32
Arsene Wenger speaks after dismal display against Crystal Palace
There is still a long waiting list and whether Wenger stays or goes it is likely the Gunners will sell out the allocated season tickets in the 60,000-seater stadium.
Some executive fans have asked for clarity on the manager’s position, only to be told an announcement will be made in due course.
It is believed nothing will be confirmed until after the final game of the season but the strong belief is that Wenger will stay on, signing another two-year contract.