Jurgen Klopp is furious after Adam Lallana was ruled out for a month with a thigh injury.
Lallana took a kick in the closing stages of England’s win over Lithuania on Sunday and that has ruled him out of this weekend’s Merseyside derby.
England star Lallana could also miss up to five crucial games in April as Liverpool chase down a place in the top four Champions League places.
Lallana has been in superb form for club and country and his absence will be a massive blow for Liverpool.
It comes after Liverpool midfielder Lallana started both of England’s games in Germany and the World Cup qualifier with Lithuania on Sunday.
Liverpool boss Klopp will address the issue when he speaks ahead of the game with neighbours Everton but is known to have a lot of respect for England manager Gareth Southgate.
However, there has been concern among other Premier League bosses as to why some players were treated differently on England duty.
Manchester City pair Raheem Sterling and John Stones were not risked for the Germany game and both started against Lithuania.
- Lee Dixon brings up painful past memory caused by0:33
- Joe Hart speaks after England beat Lithuania 2-02:09
- Kim Kardashian still gets haunted by the Paris ro2:08
- Antoine Griezmann mocks a sleepy Kylian Mbappe af0:20
- Gareth Southgate speaks after England beat Lithua3:07
- Fans pay respects to Carrie Fisher and mother Deb1:16
- Kylie Jenner breaks down after her house is burgl1:38
- Watch the trailer for Casting JonBenet from Netfl2:46
- Kate Wright denies having plastic surgery0:32
- Adele gets totally flustered after a Beetle goes 1:08
ITV pundits hail Adam Lallana
They had played a lot of games and were not risked while Manchester United duo Phil Jones and Chris Smalling both returned to their club with injuries.
Jones suffered a broken toe in training before the Germany game while Smalling was sent back to United as a precaution before Lithuania at Wembley.