Chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has admitted Borussia Dortmund’s players may not be ready for their clash with Monaco after their bus was involved in an explosion.
Dortmund’s Champions League tie with Monaco was postponed on Tuesday after the incidents close to Westfalenstadion.
German police confirmed there were three separate incidents with saw defender Marc Bartra taken to hospital after sustaining injuries.
The clash with Monaco will go ahead on Wednesday and Watzke is hoping the players can channel their shock into a positive performance.
“The team is in shock. We must get through this,” admitted Watzke, who also praised the rapid response of the emergency services.
“In extreme situations, all Borussia fans move even closer together and I’m sure the team will feel that tomorrow.
“Technically, it’s possible to play tomorrow. If the players are able to shake this off is an entirely different matter.”
- Leicester fans appear to be beaten by police in M0:43
- Juventus players celebrate with fans after huge w0:42
- Monaco train for re-arranged match0:29
- Diego Simeone reacts to news of Dortmund explosion0:56
- News of explosion is announced to fans inside the0:25
- Dele Alli reveals which of his Spurs teammates wo1:05
- Watch J. Geils Band’s famous Centerfold0:25
- Shaken Aubameyang leaves Dortmund bus blast scene1:09
- Katie Price discusses shocking video troll made o0:31
- Did Arsenal not give their all? Arsene Wenger res0:49
- Trump says that America is not going into Syria0:27
- EuroMillions draw results from 11th April 20172:09
- Mum is fined over the state of her garden0:23
- Finally a baby is born in ‘One Born Every Minute’0:49
Monaco fans show solidarity with Dortmund following explosion
Club president Reinhard Rauball urged his stars to put the incident out of their heads.
“Of course this is an extremely difficult situation for the players,” he added.
“But they are professionals, and I am convinced that they will put that away and will bring their performance tomorrow.
“It would be a bad thing for those who did that to succeed, because the team is influenced in some way.”
Dortmund have also confirmed all stadium tours for Wednesday have been cancelled.