NEWS

\nRomelu Lukaku appeared to have his Instagram \'hacked\' on Tuesday night.\n Images have circled showin...
\n Neymar is to fight a claim by Barcelona for compensation following his move to Paris St Germain an...
\n Chelsea insist that Antonio Conte is going nowhere, despite speculation linking Thomas Tuchel with...
\nReal Madrid are reportedly set to announce contract extensions for five first-team stars.\n Accordin...
\n Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan has taken aim at the Reds\' transfer business, claiming their summer...
Read More
Borussia-Dortmund-v-AS-Monaco-UEFA-Champions-League-Quarter-Final-First-Leg.jpg

Dortmund’s Bartra faces four weeks out after injuring wrist in bus bombing

Date Posted,April 13, 2017

Marc Bartra has been ruled out for four weeks after undergoing surgery on a broken wrist injured in the Borussia Dortmund team bus bombing.

Centre-back Bartra damaged his hand as a result of broken glass as an explosion shattered windows on the Bundesliga side’s team bus on Tuesday.

Dortmund tweeted “Marc Bartra will be fit again in about four weeks”, with a quote from Thomas Tuchel saying “he would like to play now”.

Bartra could be back for Dortmund’s home game against Hoffenheim – with the two clubs a point apart and fighting over third in the Bundesliga.

Marc Bartra shirt hangs in the dressing room ahead of the rearranged game (Photo: UEFA via Getty Images)

He is likely to only miss five games including the second leg against Monaco and German Cup tie with Bayern Munich.

The Spanish defender was taken to the hospital with the Bundesliga side’s Champions League quarter-final with Monaco postponed – before having surgery on Wednesday.

Batrta took to Instagram yesterday to give the thumbs up in a cast and thank fans for their support.

Dortmund eventually lost the postponed match 3-2 – as a Kylian Mbappe and Sven Bender own goal gave the visitors three away goals and a foot in the semi-finals.

The Spaniard 29 times for Dortmund since his summer move (Photo: Getty)

Boss Tuchel was not happy the game was played so soon after the attack.

“We weren’t asked at any point. We were told by text message that the decision had been made in Switzerland,” Tuchel said.

“When they told us ‘you’re up tomorrow’, we felt completely ignored.

Dortmund could be without Bartra four five matches (Photo: WENN)

“They treated it as if a beer can had been thrown at the bus.

“We would have liked more time to take stock,” he added. “This gives you the feeling of impotence, that we have to keep functioning and nothing else matters.

“I encouraged everyone to take the game seriously but football is not the most important thing in the world.”

poll loading

Can Borussia Dortmund win the Champions League?

1000+ VOTES SO FAR

Back to previous page

payment with

Security