NEWS

\nFA Cup title sponsors Emirates are set to allay fears that they will end their tie-in with the famo...
\nOlivier Giroud has told the Lyon president he still wants to be the No.1 striker at Arsenal next se...
\n The Championship is NOT a difficult league according to Dwight Yorke - and Aston Villa owner Dr To...
\nFrank Lampard has backed Antonio Conte to lead Chelsea to more glory next season. \nAfter speculatio...
\n Sven Goran Eriksson has lifted the lid on life in China — and told Wayne Rooney he will be treat...
Read More
Benni-McCarthy.jpg

Former Premier League striker McCarthy forced to deny reports of his death

Date Posted,June 1, 2017

Reports of former Premier League striker Benni McCarthy‘s death have been greatly exaggerated.

In fact, McCarthy has been forced to deny them.

Reports emerged on Wednesday suggesting McCarthy had been involved in a car crash in London.

The report appeared to come from a fake news outlet but the ex-Blackburn and West Ham striker took to social media to slam the claims.

“Guys please dont believe this news thats going around about me being found dead in London! its totally #FakeNews!!!”, he posted on Facebook.

Benni McCarthy (Photo: Getty)

“I am very much alive! Thank you for all the messages of concern! People that create this fake news have no respect and are messing with people’s lives & emotions!

McCarthy also confirmed he will be in Cardiff for this weekend’s Champions League final.

The South African joined Blackburn from Porto in 2006 and spent three seasons at Ewood Park before a brief spell with West Ham.

Back to previous page

payment with

Security