NEWS

\n Eni Aluko accused the England team of showing \"disrespect\" following their touchline celebration w...
\nChelsea are to be investigated by FIFA over an alleged breach of regulations concerning signing for...
\nLuke Shaw is finally getting another chance to prove he can solve Manchester United ’s problems a...
\n Burton boss Nigel Clough believes Jose Mourinho is a modern-day version of his no-nonsense dad Bri...
\nLionel Messi put on a trademark masterclass with four goals in Barcelona\'s 6-1 thrashing of Eibar.\n...
Read More
Football-Soccer-Belgiums-national-soccer-team-training.jpg

Hazard vows to return stronger as Chelsea confirm he will miss start of season

Date Posted,June 4, 2017

Eden Hazard has vowed to come back stronger after having an operation on his broken ankle as Chelsea gave an update on his recovery time.

The Chelsea winger went over in Belgium national team training on Sunday and the Blues say he will return to training in three months, meaning he will miss the start of next season.

Hazard was due to play in Monday’s friendly with the Czech Republic and Friday’s World Cup qualifier against Estonia.

The 26-year-old underwent surgery on Monday morning and he has issued a positive update on his condition.

The injury occurred while on international duty (Photo: REUTERS/Francois Lenoir)

He tweeted: “Everything went well with my ankle operation, now I start the road to recovery!

“I will be stronger. Thank you for your support!!”

Hazard, who joined Chelsea from Lille exactly five years ago for a reported £32million, was back to his best as the Blues won the Premier League under Antonio Conte.

Earlier on Sunday he had said he would be happy to stay at Stamford Bridge – although he has not started talks about extending his stay.

Hazard will miss the start of the season (Photo: REUTERS)

Asked if he would like to see an offer, Hazard, who has three years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge, told the Het Laatste Nieuws newspaper: “Of course, that’s all.

“We all dream. It could be Spain, it could be staying with Chelsea.

“I think I can stay with Chelsea for many years, but it’s not something I’m thinking about right now. We’ll see.”

“‘We’ll see you after the vacation. Previously we talked about PSG (Paris Saint-Germain), now about (Real) Madrid, next year it will be a different club.

“In football you never know, but at the moment it’s not my mind. I’m a Chelsea player, I have another contract for three years. We’ll see.

Hazard of Chelsea looks dejected after losing the FA Cup final (Photo: Steve Bardens – The FA)

“We had a great season with (Chelsea boss Antonio) Conte. We want to continue this season, now that we also play Champions League.

“We know it’s hard to conquer two titles in England, but we’re going to try it. It’s a pleasure to work with Conte.”

When asked if he had watched Real’s Champions League win against Juventus on Saturday night, Hazard added: “Yes, but if I ever wanted to go to Real, I could get there (and be) on the bench.

“I want the best solution for myself.”

Back to previous page

payment with

Security