The Chilean forward has just 15 months to run on his current Gunners contract and there is fear among supporters that he will leave in the summer.
Chelsea are interested in landing the 28-year-old and, in a boost to the Premier League leaders, Sanchez has confirmed he wants to remain in London.
“I am happy in London and I hope to finish my contract there (at Arsenal),” Sanchez told El Grafico.
“I like to stay in a city and in a team, but in a team that is a winner, that has a winning mentality.
“I’m 28 years old, I still have a lot ahead of me. I am a player that takes great care of myself.”
- Kevin de Bruyne brilliantly pulls off basketball 0:30
- Five Liverpool stars who loved playing against Ev1:23
- Paul Ince calls Jacqui Oatley ‘darling’ on ITV0:35
- Bastian Schweinsteiger mobbed by fans as he arriv0:44
- Gabbiadini shows off his finishing ability2:48
- Police appeal after Wolves vs Birmingham violence2:32
- Scotland’s Chris Martin sends video message to fa0:36
- Philippe Coutinho scores with a perfect finish fo0:24
- Circus trainer is savagely mauled by pack of lions2:42
- Kim Kardashian West willing to have high risk-ris1:21
- Heartbreak on Eastenders as Sylvie electrocutes h1:59
- Italian Police foil ‘jihadist plan to attack worl0:26
- Guide dog owners explain the devastating effects 3:25
- Ste Hay confesses to murder in shocking Hollyoaks1:59
- Watch the trailer for new Netflix series War Mach1:55
Alexis Sanchez scores stunning free-kick for Chile
Sanchez played every minute for Chile in both of their games during the international break, producing a free-kick in the fifth minute of Tuesday night’s win over Venezuela to further justify the £50milllion fee Arsenal are demanding for him.
Sanchez then set up the second with a brilliant run through the penalty area finished off by Esteban Paredes.
And Peredes was the beneficiary of the Gunner’s brilliant work again as Sanchez picked out Mauricio Isla with a looping over-the-top pass and kept his run going to head back the cross for Paredes to tap home Chile’s third in the 3-1 win.
Gunners winger Sanchez is currently on £130,000-a-week at Arsenal but his agent is keen to secure a hefty pay-rise for the former Barcelona attacker – whichever club he signs his next contract with.
Sanchez is demanding £250,000-a-week, according to Wednesday’s Guardian newspaper.
The Daily Mailsay Arsenal are unwilling to let Sanchez join a domestic rival, leaving PSG, Juventus and Inter Milan as potential destinations for the Chilean.
Neither Real Madrid or Barcelona are interested in signing Sanchez, leaving Atletico Madrid as his only realistic option in Spain.
Arsenal rate Sanchez so highly that they are holding out for £50million for him even though he will only have a year left to run on his contract by the end of the season.