The Aston Villa man managed to get Coleman’s number off mutual teammate Ashley Williams before making the sorry call for the badly timed tackle.
Ireland ace Coleman is set to be out of action until next year after Taylor’s wild tackle in their World Cup qualifier last week.
Coleman suffered a double leg break, damaging his fibula and tibia after the first half out of control foul.
He required oxygen on the ground before being rushed to hospital and had surgery on his sickening injury.
Coleman is still in Dublin’s St. Vincent’s Hospital and is expected to be released on Wednesday.
Taylor saw red for the challenge and is facing a ban although FIFA are looking into increasing the suspension for the severity of the tackle.
Coleman’s Everton wages are now expected to be covered by FIFA’s Club Protection Programme until his comeback, allowing the Toffees slight relief after losing one of their key men on international duty.
- Jose Mourinho admits regret over Bastian Schweins3:00
- Liverpool unveil their new dressing room at Anfie0:45
- Meet the Man United Fan who has the club crest ta1:30
- Setback for Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson0:29
- James Corden weighs in on Cristiano Ronaldo’s sta0:34
- Liverpool dealt big blow ahead of Merseyside derby0:33
- Robbie Savage shares his picks for upcoming games0:57
O’Neill and Chris Coleman react to Seamus Coleman injury
In a statement released by the FA of Ireland (FAI), manager Martin O’Neill says that he hopes Coleman can make a full recovery.
He said: “Seamus suffered a serious leg injury and has undergone surgery.
“He has had an exceptional season with both club and country, and he will be a big loss.
“But Seamus is so mentally strong that when he has fully recovered he will be as brilliant as before.”