Liverpool have been dealt a crushing blow ahead of the Mersey derby with news their most influential player Adam Lallana won’t play again until the end of April.
The England star – who has been described as a key player by boss Gareth Southgate – picked up a thigh injury on international duty for his country.
And after returning to Melwood for treatment and scans, specialists have now broken the grim news the problem will keep him out for at least a month…and will virtually end his season.
Lallana is a vital member of Klopp’s side, and he was seen as one of the biggest threats to their rivals from across Stanley Park, in the much anticipated derby.
Victory in the game would give Liverpool a massive lift in their quest to snatch a top four place, but now they are reeling.
As well as the big derby against Everton, Lallana is set to miss key games against Bournemouth, Stoke, West Brom and Crystal Palace.
- Lee Dixon brings up painful past memory caused by0:33
- Joe Hart speaks after England beat Lithuania 2-02:09
- Kim Kardashian still gets haunted by the Paris ro2:08
- Antoine Griezmann mocks a sleepy Kylian Mbappe af0:20
- Gareth Southgate speaks after England beat Lithua3:07
- Fans pay respects to Carrie Fisher and mother Deb1:16
- Kylie Jenner breaks down after her house is burgl1:38
- Watch the trailer for Casting JonBenet from Netfl2:46
- Kate Wright denies having plastic surgery0:32
- Adele gets totally flustered after a Beetle goes 1:08
ITV pundits hail Adam Lallana
Brazilian stars Roberto Firmino and Phlippe Coutinho won’t arrive back until late on Thursday evening after flying half way around the world following a game for their country.
That will give them barely hours to prepare for the Anfield crunch match, and with Daniel Sturridge also ruled out, and Jordan Henderson likely to only be fit enough for the bench, it gives boss Jurgen Klopp a huge headache in a game that has become a must win.