Liverpool are concerned Sadio Mane’s season could be over.
The Senegalese winger limped off during Saturday’s Merseyside derby with a knee problem, after a challenge with Leighton Baines.
He insisted he was OK after the game but Jurgen Klopp ruled him out of the clash with Bournemouth.
Mane underwent a scan on Sunday but his knee remains considerably swollen.
And it is feared he may not play any part in the season run-in, reports the Mail.
Mane is not on crutches and there is no suggestion he has damaged his cruciate ligament.
Jurgen Klopp will hope the fears are not realised, with Liverpool already missing Jordan Henderson and Adam Lallana.
The pair have been sent to the States as they bid to come back from foot and thigh problems.
- Liverpool fans sing new Divock Origi song0:40
- Jose Mourinho SLAMS Luke Shaw: “He’s a long way b0:23
- Pep Guardiola says Nacho Monreal admitted handbal0:36
- Spurs star films himself watching Arsenal0:24
- NFL star Rob Gronkowski jumps in the ring to help3:57
- Ugly scenes as player knees ref in the face after2:08
- Cristiano Ronaldo discusses being given the numbe1:16
- David Moyes threatens to “slap” BBC Match of the 0:12
Jurgen Klopp explains why he got annoyed with Anfield crowd
Emre Can also missed training on Monday after suffering a heavy blow to the knee against Everton.
There was some good news for Klopp though as Daniel Sturridge trained with the rest of the squad.
He could be on the bench against Bournemouth, with Divock Origi set to come in for Mane.