The 21-year-old hobbled off after just 10 minutes with what looked like an ankle injury, the latest in his frustrating string of recent injuries.
The former Southampton man faced a year on the sidelines after breaking his leg at PSV Eindhoven in September 2015 and suffered a groin injury almost immediately after returning.
Coupled with a manager in Jose Mourinho who seemed intent on marginalising him from the squad, and Shaw has had a nightmare could of years at Old Trafford.
He could well be on his way out of the club this summer, with the Red Devils looking at other options at left-back.
The latest injury could have an impact on Shaw’s summer, as he had been pencilled in to play for England U-21s.
The left-back is still waiting to learn if he is part of boss Jose Mourinho’s long-terms plans.
Shaw, 21, has started just 10 Premier League matches this term and is now pencilled in to play for Aidy Boothroyd’s U21 side.
England’s young lions are in the UEFA U21 European Championship in Poland this summer in June.
They are in Group A with hosts Poland, Slovakia and Sweden.
Will Luke Shaw leave Manchester United this summer?
4000+ VOTES SO FAR
- Jurgen Klopp admits he finds it hard to explain d0:38
- Marcos Rojo LIMPS out of stadium after Anderlecht0:05
- Mourinho faces the press after 2-1 victory Anderl7:32
- Mourinho faces the press before facing old club C2:16
- Mourinho addresses Dortmund ‘terror incident’ ahe0:49
- Mourinho says HE was making every decision for Lu1:11
- Mourinho faces the press after drawing 1-1 with E12:50
- Carlos Lalin reveals how he works with Jose Mouri0:18
- Mourinho faces the press after crashing out the F7:41
- Conte faces the press after edging Manchester Uni9:09
- Mourinho faces the press after drawing 1-1 with F2:50
What is going on with Luke Shaw?