The sides are currently placed fourth and third respectively in the Premier league table, level on points and goal difference.
The Reds currently have five more goals which would see them finish about Pep Guardiola’s side, but City have the easier run-in in the final few weeks and will fancy themselves to make up that deficit.
And if they end up in a similar situation at the end of the season but in fourth and fifth they will face each other in a golf-style one-off playoff game.
- TYSON FURY DARES HIS PAL TO EAT SOMEONE ELSE’S FO0:39
- ARSENAL TV PRESENTER VERBALLY ABUSED BY TOTTENHAM0:50
- Pochettino and Wenger react to Spurs 2-0 Arsenal2:42
- Mauricio Pochettino speaks after win over Arsenal0:54
- Anthony Joshua addresses press the day after win 1:04
- Antonio Conte speaks after win over Everton4:19
- Pep Guardiola speaks after Middlesbrough draw6:08
- Kyle Walker shows off his ability in training1:28
- Comedian roasts Donald Trump at White House dinner4:34
- Tornado rips through Texas killing at least four2:45
- Climber falls 1,000m to his death while training 3:21
- Pete Wicks reveals ‘nightmare’ of dealing with Ch0:32
- DEFIANT ANGELA MERKEL ARRIVES IN SAUDI ARABIA WIT2:25
Jurgen Klopp speaks ahead of Watford clash
Premier League rule C.17 stats: “If at the end of the season either the league champions of the clubs to be relegated or the question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because two or more clubs are equals on points, goal difference and goals scored, the clubs concerned shall play off one or more deciding league matches on neutral ground, the format, timing and venue of which shall be determined by the board.”
City should really be two points ahead of the Reds but could only draw 2-2 at Middlesbrough on Sunday with Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero sparing their blushes.
Liverpool play Watford on Monday night and will be looking to move three points ahead of City in the race for the Top 4.
But even if they do both finish in the Top 4there would need to be a play-off possible to determine who enters directly into the group stage.