World football’s most in demand teenager Kylian Mbappe’s meteroic rise continued onto the international stage with his full debut in front of an expectant 80,000 in Paris as France hosted Spain .
The 18-year-old has terrorised defences across Ligue 1 and dumped Manchester City out of the Champions League by netting in each leg of their last 16 clash to arouse the interest of City and across Manchester at Old Trafford with Chelsea also linked.
Mbappe’s pace and poise in front of goal has inspired comparisons to a young Thierry Henry and despite being faced with a central defensive pairing of Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos, the youngster showed he already has the ability to shine on the highest stage.
Only David de Gea’s outstretched leg prevented a fairytale start for Mbappe as he made an intelligent near post run to meet Layvin Kurzawa’s low cross inside the first five minutes.
- New additions to France squad forced to go throug1:45
- Antione Griezmann showing he’s pretty good on the0:15
- Kim Kardashian still gets haunted by the Paris ro2:08
- Gareth Southgate speaks after England beat Lithua3:07
- Joe Hart speaks after England beat Lithuania 2-02:09
- “He’s England’s main man” – ITV pundits hail Adam0:55
- Fans pay respects to Carrie Fisher and mother Deb1:16
- Kylie Jenner breaks down after her house is burgl1:38
- Watch the trailer for Casting JonBenet from Netfl2:46
- Kate Wright denies having plastic surgery0:32
- Adele gets totally flustered after a Beetle goes 1:08
Antoine Griezmann mocks a sleepy Kylian Mbappe
Thereafter Mbappe had to be patient and wait for the chance to show his blistering pace on the counter-attack as Spain played keep ball for most of the first-half.
Griezmann joked along with Dimitri Payet earlier in the week that his newest international teammate was going to “put us on the bench”.
The Atletico Madrid man has little to worry about when it comes to his place in the side for next year’s World Cup, but the same can’t be said for the man who replaced Mbappe with 25 minutes remaining.
New additions to France squad go through initiations
Didier Deschamps has remained loyal to Olivier Giroud despite another underwhelming season at Arsenal and his failure to deliver when France needed him most in losing the Euro 2016 final to Portugal on home soil.
Should Mbappe continue to justify talk of a 100 million plus euro move to the Premier League, he has to be Griezmann’s partner come Russia next summer.