Barcelona star Messi has come under fire for sub-standard performances for his country – which has led to booing from fans.
The forward was banned for four games after an alleged foul-mouthed rant at an official last week.
Messi previously announced his international retirement after losing to Chile in the Copa America final last June – but made a u-turn just two months later.
Estudiantes keeper Andujar thinks Messi should go back to his original decision as “nobody appreciates” him in Argentina.
“I honestly don’t think Leo should bother coming back, but he loves playing for the national team,” Andujar told Argentinean TV programme Dos Contra Uno .
- Jose Mourinho not happy with attacking players af7:53
- Jose Mourinho loses his cool with reporter after 1:15
- Aubameyang’s mask designs spotted in his bag0:29
- Jurgen Klopp explains why he got annoyed with Anf0:40
- Jurgen Klopp speaks after win over Everton5:02
- Ronald Koeman speaks after 3-1 defeat at Liverpool4:31
- Has Coutinho been watching Arjen Robben?2:11
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic shows off his physique in new 1:00
- Mauricio Pochettino speaks ahead of Burnley clash13:28
A day in the life of the Barcelona star
“But he shouldn’t bother. Why are you going to come back? So that they can boo you again? Why would you bother?
“Nobody appreciates him. Everybody says ‘why doesn’t he play for Argentina like he does for Barcelona,’ they accuse him of not bothering.
“He said he wasn’t going to play again and they started putting up banners on July 9 asking for him to come back; you don’t appreciate what you’ve got until it’s gone.”