Jose Mourinho has hit back at claims he is unhappy in Manchester, saying suggestions he was happier in London are ‘bulls***’.
The United boss is currently living in the Lowry Hotel, and travels to London once a week as he tries to balance his work and personal life.
Mourinho insists he will not spend the duration of his contract in the hotel, and wants to stay at Old Trafford past its expiration.
“I don’t go to cities to enjoy cities, I go to work,” Mourinho told the United We Stand fanzine.
“If I wanted to enjoy places I would go to Los Angeles and go to the beach every day. I’m here to arrive at the training ground every day at 8am and leave on a normal day at 6pm.
“To give people this idea that I’m not happy here but that I was happy in London… it’s bulls***.
- Manchester United fans come up with fantastic new0:32
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reviews his side’s 6:43
- Watch in full: Antonio Conte reacts after Chelsea2:10
- Sam Allardyce calls for FA action after Watford m0:48
- Barcelona post video of a young Leo Messi tearing2:25
- Wesley Sneijder rolls back the years with gloriou0:21
Jose Mourinho hails Mkhitaryan wondergoal
“My family are in London because my daughter is at university. My son plays for Fulham. I cannot demand that they follow me, they have their lives and they’re at that age where they want to fly.
“One day a week – when I can and at the moment it’s difficult with all the games – I go to London to have dinner with the family.”