NEWS

\nJurgen Klopp recognises Trent Alexander-Arnold as a stand-out star of his generation... but warns a...
\nArsene Wenger reckons Sead Kolasinac is possibly the strongest player he has ever worked with — a...
\n El Hadji Diouf may not be fondly remembered by supporters at Liverpool but there is one man at Anf...
\n His eyes light up as Harry Winks describes plans for the latest of his property ventures. \n“It n...
\nSports-loving Sir Bruce Forsyth, who has died aged 89, loved a good game, good game, and unusually ...
Read More
Rolando-Aarons-court-case.jpg

Newcastle’s Aarons to “seriously contest” violent disorder charges, Magistrates Court hears

Date Posted,April 3, 2017

Newcastle United’s Rolando Aarons has appeared in court charged with violent disorder after bottles were allegedly thrown in the VIP section if a nightspot in the city centre.

Aarons, an England Under-21 international, and four others are in the dock charged with violent disorder over the incident, that occurred on October 9 last year.

Northumbria Police said officers attended the scene around 3am and nine people were arrested.

A man named in court as Wesley Erskine was injured when bottles were smashed in the VIP section of Livello bar, on Newcastle’s Quayside. The force said at the time that one man was taken to hospital with facial injuries.

Aarons at Newcastle magistrates court (Photo: PA Wire)
Aarons in Championship action for the Toon (Photo: Serena Taylor)

The prosecution declared: “Mr Erskine suffered injuries when bottles were smashed and thrown around by a number of defendants in this case.”

However, Geoffrey Foresster, acting on behalf of the defence, said any charges would be “seriously contested”.

Three men, including Aarons, two aged 21 and one aged 22, and two women aged 23 and 45 were summonsed for the offence of violent disorder.

Two men, aged 22 and 23, were summonsed for the offences of violent disorder and assault.

Aarons and the other defendants have all been granted unconditional bail and are due to next appear at Newcastle Crown Court on May 3.

Back to previous page

payment with

Security