United face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light today with their top-four hopes in the balance – despite an unbeaten run in the Premier League of 20 games.
United remain entrenched in sixth after drawing 10 times during that sequence.
And Mourinho confessed: “We have far to go. When you’re speaking about the 20-game unbeaten run, if you were speaking about just three more victories, then it would be different.
“I’m not talking about winning four, five, six or seven more games, just three. Against Bournemouth we missed a penalty. Hull crossed the midfield line once in 94 minutes. Both games were zero-zero.
“And there were other games like that. With just three more victories, we’d be quite stable in the top four with two matches in hand and playing to finish second or third. So what we have now is not bad at all –details make it look worse than it really is.”
- Bayern Munich fans celebrate beating Dortmund0:22
- Jurgen Klopp on Coutinho and Mignolet0:58
- Jurgen Klopp speaks after Liverpool win over Stoke9:14
- Derek Fox speaks after riding One For Arthur to G0:32
- Diego Costa loses it while playing FIFA with Kante0:34
- Conor McGregor arrives for Aintree in private jet1:00
- This man is raffling his £800k house for £2 a tic0:33
- National Lottery Draws: Saturday 8th April3:18
- Gary Barlow apologises to fan for his spelling on0:31
- Bradley Lowery becomes an honorary jockey for the0:34
- It’s finally revealed who Markface is…0:40
- Dec gives the viewers a shock when huge balloon i0:33
- Sunday 9th April could be the hottest day of the 1:53
- News presenter reads out breaking news of husband0:37
Jose Mourinho thinks Javier Hernandez would do well in his United team
United have spent more than £500million on players since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.
And the £157m lavished by Mourinho last summer included a world-record £89m fee for Paul Pogba (right). But the United boss has warned United’s owners that they will need to find more hard cash.
He said: “We had just one transfer window. We didn’t use the second transfer window. We need a big transfer window again.”