Arsenal midfielder Ozil has suffered foot, ankle and illnesses to force him out the starting XI.
The German’s last start came in the first leg of the Gunners’ humiliating 10-2 Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich.
His last Premier League appearance from the start coincided with the north London outfit’s last league win – against relegation threatened Hull on 11 February.
Ozil played 20 minutes for Germany’s 4-1 thrashing of Azerbaijan on Sunday and Wenger revealed: “He is in contention to start again.
“He played 20 minutes against Azerbaijan. He has worked very hard this week.”
Ozil is preparing to go into the final season of his current contract at the Emirates, along with megastar Alexis Sanchez.
- Lee Dixon says Dele Alli is better than Ozil0:35
- ‘It’s time we made history’: Sanchez and Ozil rev0:32
- Huge injury boost for Arsenal star ahead of weeke0:51
- Arsene Wenger responds to possible Alexis Sanchez2:07
- Wenger reveals Arsenal’s team news ahead of Man C0:33
- Julien Laurens explains how Arsenal missed out on0:29
- Bastian Schweinsteiger talks about leaving Manche1:35
Mesut Ozil playing with young niece
But Wenger insists both stars will remain at the club next season – despite bosses waiting until the summer before opening negotiations.
“Once you go into the final two or three months of the season, everybody is focused on the season,” The Frenchman said.
“You give yourself a moment to relax.
“I personally believe both of them want to stay. I hope the club will find an agreement with them.”