Jose Mourinho has told Paul Pogba to reduce his commercial work and concentrate on his Manchester United career.
The United boss is believed to have told Pogba to cut down on his commercial activities, warning the France star he was prepared to drop him if he felt they were affecting his form.
Pogba, who became the world’s costliest player at £89.3million when he rejoined United from Juventus last summer, promoted his own emoji before the draw with Liverpool at Old Trafford in January and regularly sports eye-popping new hairstyles.
The France international was heavily criticised for his performance in that game, and accused of promoting himself — and now Mourinho wants him to focus on his football.
Pogba is also prolific on social media, and many high-profile managers believe it can have a negative effect on players’ performances.
- Mathias Pogba unveils special shirt to show suppo0:37
- St Etienne fans get police escort in Manchester0:51
- Roy Keane blasts Paul and Florentin Pogba’s broth0:24
- Paul Pogba tells Italian Football TV he’s ‘STAYIN0:32
- Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku go head to head in M0:50
- Paul Pogba gets a MINION shaved into his head0:32
- Juventus’ Paul Pogba posts video of himself signi0:21
- Paul Pogba and Kurt Zouma break out a skillful do0:35
- Juventus and Adidas Football team up to make the 0:37
Pogba posts celebratory song after United beat Saint Etienne
The 24-year-old, who is currently out with a hamstring injury, has taken time to settle at United since returning in August and has yet to justify his massive transfer fee.
Mourinho has stoutly defended him in public in the face of growing criticism, claiming the pundits are jealous of his wealth.
However, the Portuguese wants Pogba to repay his loyalty by devoting all his energies to United.