NEWS

\n Celtic\'s 69-game unbeaten run in domestic football has come to an end after the Hoops were thumped...
\n Former Brazil, AC Milan and Real Madrid playmaker Kaka has retired from football. \nThe 35-year-old...
\n Manuel Lanzini could be hit with a three-game retrospective ban for diving to win West Ham’s con...
\n Antonio Conte has insisted he wants to stay at Chelsea beyond this season. \nThe Italian has also p...
\n Mauricio Pochettino admitted he must “help” Dele Alli try to emerge from his current slump. \n ...
Read More
Gary-and-Phil-Neville.jpg

Prandelli quits as Valencia manager after dismal start to the season

Date Posted,December 30, 2016

Cesare Prandelli has quit as the manager of Valencia, according to widespread reports.

Valencia have won just once in La Liga since Prandelli took over in September and are only out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

Spanish outlet Cadena SER said the former Italy boss informed Valencia’s board of directors of his intention to resign on Friday.

The two parties will now thrash out an agreement for the termination of Prandelli’s contract before an official announcement is made.

Prandelli, 59, is the fourth manager Valencia have had in 2016 following the exits of Gary Neville, Pako Ayestaran and Salvador Gonzalez.

Gary Neville started the year as Valencia boss but had been sacked by the end of March (Photo: Getty)

Prandelli is understood to have had a poor relationship with a number of Valencia’s key players, most notably Dani Parejo.

Parejo was dropped earlier in December after a video of him appearing to be drunk in a nightclub surfaced on social media.

“He hasn’t been selected and a decision will be made after the game about the video,” Prandelli said at the time. “Parejo has personally asked me for forgiveness and the whole business is stupid.”

Back to previous page

payment with

Security