Sergio Ramos has been mocked by football fans on Twitter for what he did moments before scoring an own goal on Tuesday night.
With the game fizzling out and the away side desperately searching for that all-important away goal, Madrid were on the back foot.
Ramos sensed his side needed the support of the fans inside the Bernabeu and was filmed rallying the crowd with his hands.
- Watch Live: British and Irish Lions squad announc0:01
- Toni Kroos gets great reception from Bayern fans 2:07
- Chris Smalling steps up recovery from injury0:20
- Macro Verratti races teammate Marquinhos in train0:20
- Grand plans for proposed expansion of Anfield to 0:49
- Leigh-Anne Pinnock’s boyfriend surprises her1:00
- Mark Zuckerberg “lot of work to do” after Faceboo1:05
- Police release video of terrifying clown robber0:47
Real Madrid fans line streets to greet arrival ofteam bus
The supporters instantly responded, as Ramos turned his attention to the game once again and focused on his defensive duties.
However, the ball suddenly made its way into the box, and in a desperate bid to remove the danger, Ramos knocked it past Keylor Navas in the Madrid goal.
The Spaniard’s own goal drew the game level on aggregate, meaning the two sides were forced to play for an extra 30 minutes.
Fortunately for Ramos, Cristiano Ronaldo completed his hat-trick in extra time with the help of the Spaniard and a magical bit of play from Marcelo.
- Eddie Howe reacts to Wilshere injury after 4-0 lo2:46
- Denise Bueno – Brazilian football’s eye-catching 0:35
- Michael Keane: Everything you need to know0:55
- Carlo Ancelotti calls for video refereeing after 1:03
- Craig Shakespeare faces the press after bowing ou11:43
- Zidane reacts after Real Madrid beat Bayern Munic1:20
- Craig Shakespeare faces the press as Leicester be11:23
- Luis Enrique faces the press after EPIC Barcelona1:07
- Carlo Ancelotti is asked if Arsene Wenger can sur0:54
- Wenger answers question on player reactions after0:46
- Zidane faces the press after Dortmund draw2:04
- Zidane fumes after drawing with Dortmund in the C1:02
Zidane faces the press after knocking Bayern Munich out
Asensio then made sure Madrid would definitely be playing in the semi-finals with the home side’s fourth goal of the night.
But Twitter is brutal. Twitter doesn’t forget. And those who spotted Ramos’ gesture backfiring were quick to point it out.