The Portuguese reacted angrily after being given a harsh second yellow for diving as a substitute in the Super Copa.
The Spanish authorities quickly slapped the reigning Ballon d’Or winner with an additional four-game ban for the physical altercation and a €3005 (£2727) fine.
- One-game ban for red card (two yellows) vs Barcelona in Super Copa first leg
- Four-game ban for pushing referee Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea
- €3005 fine for physical confrontation with an official
- €1400 fine to Real Madrid
Ronaldo will return for Real Madrid on September 19 against Real Betis.
Games suspended for
- Barcelona home (Super Copa), August 16
- Deportivo La Coruna away (La Liga), August 20
- Valencia home (La Liga), August 27
- Levante home (La Liga), September 9
- Real Sociedad away (La Liga), September 16
Referee Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea did not seem fazed by the incident but he did mention it in his report.
“Once the red card was shown, the player pushed me slightly in a sign of disagreement,” Bengoetxea wrote in his report.