Cristiano Ronaldo was nicknamed ‘cry baby’ as a youngster due to the tantrums he used to have when he wasn’t passed the ball.
That is according to one of his childhood teammates, Ricardo Santos, who played alongside the Real Madrid superstar for amateur side CF Andorinha in Madeira.
Ronaldo’s father worked as a kitman at the club – but that didn’t stop the former Manchester United man being given the embarrassing nickname.
“Cry-baby, yes, because Ronaldo already loved to win like he loves today and when he lost and when other kids didn’t pass the ball to him he used to cry,” Santos told Reuters.
But the Portuguese’s desire to win has seen him go on and have a glittering career, winning the Champions League three times and picking up the Euro 2016 trophy with Portugal last summer.
He has claimed four domestic league titles in his career and been named world player of the year on four separate occasions.
- Real Madrid squad take part in high intensity wor0:44
- Real Madrid players train with the club’s basketb1:08
- Justin Bieber told a TV reporter to f**k off but 0:48
- Ronaldo is annoyingly good at the water bottle ch0:23
- Ronaldo nutmegged, gets angry and shoots the ball0:55
- Cristiano Ronaldo posts selfie video from the top0:30
- Ronaldo training with Portugal at Euro 20162:04
- Ronaldo stars in quirky Israeli advert0:48
- Cristiano Ronaldo has a pop at James Rodriguez fo0:11
Cristiano Ronaldo wins Portuguese player of the year award