Alexis Sanchez has been pictured leaving Heathrow Airport following Arsenal’s Champions League humiliation against Bayern Munich.
The Gunners were beaten 5-1 in the last-16 tie after another woeful performance on the big stage.
The Arsenal squad arrived back in London late on Wednesday night and Sanchez was spotted on Thursday morning at the airport.
He caught a British Airways flight at 8:45am to Venice with a friend, with the club’s permission.
Sanchez is now almost certain to miss out on Monday night’s FA Cup clash with Sutton United.
The Chilean has been Arsenal’s standout player this term but has cut a frustrated figure in recent weeks with his side’s season left in tatters.
He has around 16 months remaining on his current deal and talks over an extension have stalled.
Speaking last month, Wenger said: “Alexis Sanchez is a committed player who wants to stay. I’m convinced we’ll find an agreement. It has to be in our potential.
“I think no matter what happens we’ll try to keep them and we’ll go as high as we can and if we cannot go further, we cannot go further. That’s basically it.”
He has been linked with a blockbuster move to China, while Chelsea, PSG and Juventus are also keeping tabs on the situation.
Wenger’s future is also up in the air after the latest humiliation and that could play a part in what Sanchez does next.
There have been fresh calls for Wenger to depart, with the long-serving boss’ contract up in the summer.
He is expected to make a decision in the coming months.
- Lee Dixon on Arsene Wenger’s reaction to Bayern m1:01
- Arsene Wenger gives dejected press conference aft0:50
- Mark Clattenburg press conference1:28
- Pitchside reporter hit in the head by stray footb0:05
- Wayne Rooney channels his inner X-Man in bizarre 1:25
- Manchester United stars arrive at Hotel ahead of 1:44
- Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool players cycling in La 2:18
- “I’ll be astounded if he stays” – Pat Nevin expec0:21
- “You can only take so much” Arsenal legend Bob WI0:28
- Roy Keane’s continued disdain for floundering Ars2:07
- Eugenie Bouchard fan gives his verdict of his dat0:08
Arsene Wenger before and after Bayern thrashing
Sanchez has been in lethal form this term, scoring 20 times in all competitions.
His brace against Hull last week took his Premier League tally to 17, to top the goalscoring charts.