Even though Sanchez has scored 18 goals in 27 appearances this season, his work rate is just as revealing.
Sanchez covers just 9.10km on average and that puts him way down the table of Premier League strikers.
It has been a source of great frustration to Arsene Wenger this season that, despite Sanchez’s histrionics making it look as if he works hard, he actually covers less ground than you think.
Arsenal boss Wenger has been publicly and privately critical of Sanchez’s work rate and contribution to the team.
And now the stats reveal that Wenger might just have a point…
Incredibly, Stoke’s Peter Crouch covers the most ground with 12.06km per 90 minutes which is nearly three kilometres more than Sanchez.
- Premier League manager press conference highlights2:27
- Jose Mourinho gives Manchester United team news a1:50
- Jose Mourinho admits regret over Bastian Schweins3:00
- Liverpool unveil their new dressing room at Anfie0:45
- Meet the Man United Fan who has the club crest ta1:30
- Setback for Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson0:29
- James Corden weighs in on Cristiano Ronaldo’s sta0:34
- Liverpool dealt big blow ahead of Merseyside derby0:33
ICYMI Five major talking points from Wenger’s Man City press conference
Ground covered per 90 mins this season in PL by forwards
1 Peter Crouch 12.06
2 Shinji Okazaki 11.69
3 Ashley Barnes 11.67
4 Fabio Borini 11.57
5 Roberto Firmino 11.57
32 Alexis Sanchez 9.10