Alan Shearer has hit out at Romelu Lukaku over his Merseyside derby performance – and insisted the striker was “bullied” by Liverpool’s defence.
The Belgian tops the Premier League scoring charts and has revealed he will not sign a new deal at Goodison Park as he eyes a Champions League move.
But he was almost anonymous at Anfield as Everton’s woeful derby record was extended.
And former England hitman Shearer was less than impressed with Lukaku’s display.
“He didn’t have a sniff all game; the defence bullied him,” he said on Match of the Day.
“They forced him out wide and he became a winger instead of being in the box.
“Jurgen Klopp got his tactics spot on, the attackers were brilliant and so were the back four.”
Shearer individually hailed Dejan Lovren and Lucas, who was making a rare start in midfield.
- Jose Mourinho not happy with attacking players af7:53
- Jose Mourinho loses his cool with reporter after 1:15
- Aubameyang’s mask designs spotted in his bag0:29
- Jurgen Klopp explains why he got annoyed with Anf0:40
- Ronald Koeman speaks after 3-1 defeat at Liverpool4:31
- Has Coutinho been watching Arjen Robben?2:11
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic shows off his physique in new 1:00
- Shinsuke Nakamura’s entrance at NKT Takeover0:32
- Oxford take on Cambridge in World’s most famous b1:02
- Twenty people murdered at shrine in Pakistan0:25
- Beyonce shows off growing baby bump in purple dre0:47
- Sailors catapulted from boat as they’re washed in0:31
- Christopher Timothy as James Herriot in All Creat1:18
- Horrific moment young protester killed by police 1:17
Jurgen Klopp speaks after win over Everton
The win means Everton have now gone seven years without beating their Merseyside rivals and Shearer admits there was a real gulf between the two sides.
“It was like men against boys at times,” Shearer added.
“Liverpool were far superior and they deserved all three points.”