David Moyes has become embroiled in a fresh controversy after he was accused of aiming multiple remarks at female reporters.
The Sunderland boss has come under scrutiny over comments made to the BBC’s Vicki Sparks after the defeat to Watford.
Off-camera footage showed Moyes warning Sparks, “you might get a slap even though you’re a woman.”
Moyes apologised for the incident and in a press conference on Monday said he ‘deeply regretted’ it.
The FA have asked Moyes to explain himself and now fresh allegations have come to light.
Alison Bender, a football host and presenter with ESPN, has suggested Moyes has made comments towards female journalists in the past.
“Unfortunately, these are not the first off camera remarks I’ve heard from him aimed at a woman so it makes my opinion a little different,” she wrote on Twitter.
Speaking on Monday, Moyes insisted the comments were made in “the heat of the moment.”
- Liverpool fans sing new Divock Origi song0:40
- Jose Mourinho SLAMS Luke Shaw: “He’s a long way b0:23
- Pep Guardiola says Nacho Monreal admitted handbal0:36
- Spurs star films himself watching Arsenal0:24
- NFL star Rob Gronkowski jumps in the ring to help3:57
- Ugly scenes as player knees ref in the face after2:08
- Cristiano Ronaldo discusses being given the numbe1:16
- Mo Adeniran crowned winner of The Voice 20170:35
- Theresa May’s laugh turns heads at PMQs0:33
- The Royal Mint launched Peter Rabbit 50p coin0:41
- Joe finally admits he killed Danny Latimer1:12
- Tourist gets into row with loudspeaker-wielding p1:06
- Broadchurch: Ed Burnett is arrested for Trish’s r0:31
- ‘Grammar vigilante’ reveals his methods0:48
David Moyes threatens to “slap” BBC reporter
“It is something which is out of character. I have spoken to the girl, who I apologised to, and she accepted it.
“I think if you look at my history, I have actually been one of the biggest ones campaigning for women’s football.
“I tried to make sure we had Everton Ladies. At Manchester United, I was very keen on them having one.
‘My daughter played for Preston until she was 19. I actually think to ask about ladies football and myself, you’re asking the wrong person.”