Paul Scholes has tipped Marcus Rashford to reach the levels of Barcelona superstar Neymar.
The Manchester United forward has enjoyed an excellent week, scoring key goals in the wins over Chelsea and Anderlecht.
With Zlatan Ibrahimovic suffering a serious knee injury, Rashford is expected to be United’s main striker for the rest of the season.
And Scholes feels the 19-year-old can reach the very top at Old Trafford.
“He will be a brilliant centre-forward, there’s no doubt about that,” he told BBC Radio 5 live.
“My only concern is because he is so quick, and United will possibly have two or three centre-forwards, he might get shoved out wide.
“It’s not a bad thing – you look at Cristiano’s record. People like Neymar, he has got that kind of ability.
“It’s a lot to live up to but he can be a world star.”
- Frank Lampard sings the praises of “world class” 1:18
- Rival fans clash during Port Vale v Bolton0:45
- Anotnio Conte explains his team selection ahead o0:53
- Wilfried Zaha absolutely RUINS Patrick van Aanhol0:19
- FA Cup semi final: Chelsea v Tottenham joint XI3:02
- Ilie Nastase ejected and Jo Konta in tears in bad1:27
- Claudio Bravo’s son pulls off stunning save0:26
Paul Scholes would rather see Manchester United turn to Rashford
Rashford impressed in a central role against Chelsea and Scholes believes this is the way forward for Jose Mourinho against his rivals.
“He’d be the central striker in big games. You saw the difference [against Chelsea] to what it did to the speed of the team,” Scholes added.
“He almost occupied three centre-halves and Kante. He gives space to other people by running in behind.”