Arsene Wenger is facing a keeper crisis after David Ospina was ruled out with a back injury.
It leaves Wenger having to play third choice keeper Emiliano Martinez against West Ham – and he could have to play for the next fortnight.
Ospina suffered an injury after a heavy fall against Manchester City on Sunday and it is understood that he is out injured.
That comes on top of first choice Petr Cech being ruled out with a calf problem for at least another two weeks.
Martinez has played three games in the League Cup this season and is not a rookie but it will still be a worry as he could be up against West Ham’s giant striker Andy Carroll.
Ospina is set to leave Arsenal this summer – Marseille are keen on him as well as interest from Turkey – and this latest injury worry is a major setback.
It could mean that Martinez has to deputise for the next few games.
Arsenal have recalled rookie keeper Matt Macey from his loan spell at Luton to ease the crisis with Ospina and Cech out.
- Arsene Wenger again bats away questions on Alexis0:59
- Arsene Wenger dismisses the idea he has a ‘target1:20
- Inside view of Dynamo Moscow’s new stadium0:31
- Jurgen Klopp gives update on Mane and Sturridge1:10
- Arsene Wenger speaks ahead of West Ham clash12:38
- Antonio Conte refuses to rule out move for Sanchez0:51
- Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool’s summer transfer plans1:15
- Patrice Evra launches ‘Be a Panda’ campaign to co1:50
- Denise Lewis challenges Arsenal stars to get thei1:11
Arsene Wenger on his future and fan unrest