Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher believes his former side WILL finish in the top four this season – at the expense of their bitterest rivals.
Carragher has tipped the Reds to see the job through despite dropping points at home to Bournemouth on Wednesday night.
Josh King’s late strike earned the Cherries a point at Anfield, but Carragher is backing his old side to recover and secure their spot in next season’s Champions League.
And he believes Manchester United and Arsenal will be the ones to miss out as the Premier League season enters the home straight.
- Klopp reacts to Sadio Mane injury following Merse1:15
- Arsene Wenger vs Jurgen Klopp – Their seasons so 3:06
- Jurgen Klopp gives update on Mane and Sturridge1:10
- Klopp reacts to Ben Woodburn’s early Wales call-up1:10
- Klopp rates Man City toughest team to play ahead 0:40
- Watch Jurgen Klopp’s pre-match press conference a19:08
- Jurgen Klopp speaks to press after Liverpool’s 2-8:48
- Klopp faces the press ahead of Burnley clash19:36
- Klopp faces the press ahead of crucial Arsenal cl24:17
- Jurgen Klopp faces the press ahead of Hull clash18:21
- Jurgen Klopp faces the press after 1-1 draw with 11:37
Klopp faces the press after draw with Bournemouth
He does, however, think United will seal their place at Europe’s top table by winning the Europa League.
“I think Arsenal will miss out,” Carragher told Sky Sports. “I also think Man United will still be in the Champions League next season if they win the Europa League.
“Liverpool have an advantage of no European football but I feel if Liverpool and Tottenham get into the top four they have had a great season because they don’t have the budget that other sides maybe more going for the title have.
“I think, with the position they’re in, Liverpool would be really disappointed if they didn’t make it and I think it would be a big blow if they don’t finish in the top four.”