Monaco star Mbappe has been dubbed the new Henry after the 18-year-old netted 17 times this season.
The pair draw obvious comparisons with their Monaco backgrounds, keen eye for goal and silky movement on the pitch.
He made his international bow on Saturday in a 3-1 victory over Luxembourg to add further value to his blossoming price tag -with Manchester United and Manchester City keen.
Mbappe could make his first international start when Les Blues host Spain on Tuesday night.
Gunners legend Henry has urged the young gun to continue to make a name for himself – rather than becoming the next anybody.
“I don’t like comparing players – Mbappe has to become Mbappe and that is all,” Henry told Canal Plus.
“But my word, he is good. Oh la la. l really like watching him play.
“When you have a kid with that much talent, what are you going to teach him apart from a few tactical things?
“So it is more [about saying] develop your brain and become a killer. Develop your brain, your intelligence and your movement. What can you see? When you watch a match, don’t just watch the ball, watch the movement off the ball.
- New additions to France squad forced to go throug1:45
- Antione Griezmann showing he’s pretty good on the0:15
- Kim Kardashian still gets haunted by the Paris ro2:08
- Gareth Southgate speaks after England beat Lithua3:07
- Joe Hart speaks after England beat Lithuania 2-02:09
- “He’s England’s main man” – ITV pundits hail Adam0:55
- Fans pay respects to Carrie Fisher and mother Deb1:16
- Kylie Jenner breaks down after her house is burgl1:38
- Watch the trailer for Casting JonBenet from Netfl2:46
- Kate Wright denies having plastic surgery0:32
- Adele gets totally flustered after a Beetle goes 1:08
Antoine Griezmann mocks a sleepy Kylian Mbappe
“Understand quickly who is weak in the match, who you should attack and who you shouldn’t attack, how to attack this player and understand all of that.
“I met him and he gave me the impression that he has a good head on his shoulders.
“Yes, he is quick, but he is thinking and that is the sign of a kid who can go a long way in the game.”